Student daily life. African american student standing in front of group of students, library interior

If your child is experiencing chronic truancy issues, schools can refer them to truancy court for additional supports. During court proceedings the presiding Judge will listen to the student and parent or guardian. This is their opportunity to explain the entrenched obstacles interfering with the student’s opportunity to attend school daily. The Judge will assign a Navigator from one of the attending agencies to assist families reduce truant behaviors and become successful. If your child is experiencing attendance issues, please contact your school’s Social Worker for assistance. They will assist in determining the appropriate next steps toward success.

Other Referral Sources:

  • Parents/Guardians
  • School Guidance Staff
  • Teen Court
  • Juvenile Arbitration Program
  • Community-Based Agencies
  • Law Enforcement Officers

For More Information, Contact Us At One Of Our Locations Below:



Juvenile Welfare Board Children Services Council

State Department Juvenile Justice through Florida Network of Youth & Family Services